Windstruck Borders

That Which Rightfully Belong To You Will Be Yours In The End

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One Post To Review Em All...Okay Maybe Not

All this while I thought I'd be able to recall all of the handphones I have ever used until a few nights ago. I was out with a bunch of friends at Ming Tien with the usual yum cha session when my friends asked me "Eh, how many phones you change ady ah?". I only managed to name half of the handphone models before I had to dig deep into my brain for the other half. Seems like the amount of handphones I changed has reached an amount that is a tad bit difficult to keep track of.

But that's what you get for keeping up with technology. You will always be behind and you are always losing. You lose money and the so called `new` technology will be obselete in like what? A few months?

I am now extensively trying my best to research on CPUs just to make sure I don't end up with the wrong birthday present. Oh I'm getting a new PC for my birthday, finally. Okay maybe my current CPU isn't THAT old (3 years almost 4) but after doing some research I was pretty much left awed at how much PCs have changed. Just when I was getting all hyped up when I heard what the Duo Core processor can do, they released Core2Duo.

I was yet again WOW-ing at Core2Duo and now they release the Core2Quad. Oh and there are at least 4 variants of Core2Duo processors namely the E6600, E6750 Extreme and another Extreme with some 4 number code just to name a few. WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!! How is anyone supposed to catch up with technology when it changes faster than a multiplying bacteria. Sheesh~~

Ok so back to the title, the yumcha session that day gave me an idea on giving a short review on the handphones I've used so here goes. I sure hope I won't miss out any.

1. Ericsson GH688













This is actually my second phone as I had some old Nokia with an antenna but I have no idea what model that was and it spoiled one day after I got it anyway. By the looks of the picture you guys should be able to tell how old this phone is. Antenna, super small screen, monochrome display and a 2 bar battery life. This was also one of the more difficult phone to use cos even at monochrome screen the interface was slow and sms-es were difficult as hell to read. Of course I'm comparing it to phones in this era but back then, this phone was still crap compared to whats out on the market.

2. Nokia 3310




















Okay I guess this phone doesn't need an introduction. An absolutely groundbreaking phone well known for it's "drop also nevermind" and super fast texting feature. This was the BEST monochrome phone to date. You still see people using it up til today, it's reliable, durable, it's fast and it's EXTREMELY CHEAP(today at least). Hands down one of the best phones I've ever used.

3. Nokia N-Gage










Nokia's first and only gaming phone is also a very weird one. The sidetalking design of this phone is just a little bit too attention catchy in the public. It is however extremely comfortable to type and at that time, the design of this phone really appealed to me. I got it mainly because it was a g
aming platform and I kinda liked the design but the games available on the platform are erm... dissapointing. Used this one for quite a while though.

4. Nokia 6260




















Ok I admit, I got a bit influenced by Final Fantasy when I saw FF7: Before Crisis available for a mobile phone in Japan. The screen of the mobile phone can be twisted and twirled and that feature also plays a part in the game mechanics. I was instantly attracte
d to the design but was quickly dissapointed by the fact that the phone was only available in Japan. At that time, this phone was the closest resemblance to that FF7 phone, so I traded my N-Gage for it. 4 words, THIS PHONE IS CRAP. It has an absolutely lousy VGA camera, you're gonna look like youre only holding the top bottom of the phone when you're typing on the keypad, the screen is microscopic and they didn't even bother to put an external screen on a premium priced phone!! People still WOW-ed at the twist and twirl factor though...

5. Motorola V3 Razr

















Motorola's groundbreaking design phone was also the best deal I got as I traded that lousy and ugly Nokia 6260 (mine was quite badly scratched thanks to it's previous owner) for a spanking shiny Black V3 Razr. This phone was THE phone when it came to design. It was exclusive for managers and CEOs but the phone was later released to the public but very highly priced.

This phone caught a lot of attention while it was with me, (everyone thought it was expensive but I got it for a steal =p) everyone wanted to take a look at it, tech enthusiasts gawked at it and girls just can't get enough of it. So yea the phone does look good on the outside but the interface and everything else on the phone pretty much sucks. My biggest dissapointment with this phone was it's camera. I still remember recording a video of fireworks with this phone on one of the new years, when I stopped recording the file wasn't saved and there was an error. Even still photos had errors when I move too fast. Maybe it was my phone's fault but still a disappointing point to note.

6. Sony Ericsson W550i

















When I got rid of my v3 razr for this phone, many people asked me; "What happened to the nice looking phone?" and "Wah why change to this one, the previous one nicer leh". I gotta admit my first Sony Ericsson was also a very surprising one. This phone surprised me at how good the joint venture of both Audiophile Experts, Sony and Dying Phone Makers, Ericsson is working. The phone had excellent speakers, a chiq design, great packed in earphones and the super long lasting BST-37 battery. This was the phone that made me confident of the SE brand.


7. Nokia N90


















This phone was bought 2nd hand in some secluded shop selling 2nd hand phones in Singapore. I admit I was still hyped about the FF7 twist and twirl phone thingy and this model was the best representation of it after the crappy 6260. At that time N70 and N90 were the only NSeries phone available and the N90 was at a premium price of RM2.9k. I manage to trade in my W550i and got this phone for around RM1400 due to it's incomplete set. If it was not for the `no vibration` thing I would still be using this phone right now. I'm serious!! I love it's flip feel, I can take excellent self portraits, the keypad is nice to type with and it has a superb screen. Still, too bad for the no vibration.

I shall stop here for now, too many phones and I can't remember whats next...need to recall again =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home